Probably Polka Dots DIY Arm Party Pt. 1 | Probably Polka Dots

10 September 2012

DIY Arm Party Pt. 1

I teased about this DIY way back in August, but now I'm officially ready to share it with you all. I became infatuated with the J.Crew pave link bracelet during the summer. It's simple, gorgeous, and a perfect addition to a bracelet stack. However, at $125 a pop, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Enter Etsy my go-to shop for all things hand made. I quickly found some textured gold link chain and ordered it. I love how my bracelet turned out, and I get compliments all the time! It's not the real deal, but it's a close second. Here's the step by step:

Step 1: Gather supplies. You'll need textured gold link chain, 2 connecting rings (sold in packs @ Michael's for about $1.99), a large lobster clasp (sold in packs for about $2.99 @ Michael's), and a pair of jewelry pliers (the manly household ones work fine, too!).


Step 2: Measure your wrist. I like my bracelets a little loose, and I don't mind eye-balling. Feel free to bust out the measuring tape for a little more accurate measure. This method works fine, though. Remember to make it a little smaller to leave room for the clasp & rings.



Step 3: Separate your links from the remaining chain, and put the extra aside. You might want to use a second pair of pliers for a grip, but be careful not to pull so hard that you wear off some of the gold finish on the chain. If you do, though, no worries. Just remove that link!


Step 4: Open your 1st connector ring, loop it through the end of one of the gold links. Close the clasp using jewelry pliers.


Step 5: Open your 2nd connector ring, add your lobster clasp, and loop it through the end of the other gold link. Close the clasp using jewelry pliers.


Step 6: Observe, adorn, and brag about your finished product! Here is my favorite way to wear mine:



SHARE VIA
PINTEREST

3 comments :

  1. I am SO impressed with your skills girl! I love those bracelets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I never see this??? I'm gonna attempt this, THIS weekend. Yay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL